Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Games in Review ~~~ Discovery Bay Games

The last few weeks I've been bringing you tech stuff, like apps but today we have something really special to review!!

On my many adventures at BlogHer I was able to meet and speak to one of the reps of Discovery Bay Games!

Can I just say I LOVE THEM!! Not only did I get two really great games from them but the YuckMouths have been having a blast playing their games!




The first one I got to review with them is Highlights Match Patch



The directions were really simple and easy to remember. Basically you have to match either the food pictures to other food pictures on the cards or match the household items to the other household items. There is a point system, one point awarded if you play a hidden picture card. You earn hidden picture cards when you cover all the surrounding sides of the tiles.

The ages on this game are 6+ but I had no problem with my 4yr old who played and actually won a few games over her older siblings! There are so many ways to play this game, with or without the hidden picture tiles and with them. They get to create really silly patterns with the tiles as they match sides. It was a great tool for the younger ones to learn what items go together and thinking about which tiles could match certain spaces. 

The second game we got to review was 
Smithsonian Mission Museum Case of the Missing Mummy


Since I was able to pick two games to review I decided to go with something my older kids could enjoy.

The object of this game is to find the 3 artifacts that are on the mission cards you pick before the mummy escapes.  The directions for this game were simple as well and easy to explain to the kids. 


What I liked about this game is that it is set up for the players to work together as they solve the challenge cards and come up with an answer. Each challenge card has the answers on the back but you have to use the red magnifying glass to get the answers. Since it was a work together game I let my younger two play as well and they loved it!







The kids have really enjoyed playing these games the past few weeks. Its made for great family time and time where we are totally unplugged and just enjoying a good time. Please feel free to visit them online on their Facebook pageon Twitter and on their website! I loved them and you will too!


0 comments:

Post a Comment